Hey, we’re having a Superbowl party in Geneva. This is a new experience for me. It’s my first Superbowl outside the United States. Oh, all the commentary is in French. That’ll be a hoot. I had no idea they broadcast this overseas in French. I hear we’ll miss all the advertisements, though. That’s OK cause they are on the Internet anyway. We’re at Laurent’s friend’s house.
While we’re watching I’m going to add stuff to my Del.icio.us feed. I just finished reading all my feeds (it takes a while cause I don’t read the feeds every night anymore). I’ll let you know when I have a bunch up.
Update: Seattle strikes first. Bummer about the flag, but it’s nice to get on the scoreboard first. French word for flag? drapeau.
Dave Winer has an interesting post on how RSS can break through. I think the thesis is wrong. It already HAS broken through. I asked the audience at LIFT last week (not all bloggers, either) how many use RSS and 80% of the hands went up. Maybe the question should be “how do we get the other 20%?”
I’m off for the rest of the day. Might be on later. Go Seattle!!
This is an honor. Presentation Zen, er, Garr Reynolds, gives the good and bad of corporate presentations he’s seen and then gives me a compliment (while teaching us how to do better business presentations). I’m gonna pay him a compliment back: his blog is the best for those of us who need to give presentations. I wish more Microsoft employees would read it. I love the Darth Vader “evil” PowerPoint slide, too. You’ll notice that my slides don’t look like that.
You might have remembered that we forced our publisher to start a blog before we’d sign the contract to do Naked Conversations with Wiley. The resulting blog by Joe Wikert has been most impressive over the past year. I saw he linked to Juliana Aldous at Microsoft. She gave me a lot of advice before I started working on the book and I don’t know how I missed her blog for so long. It’s good too. What do these blogs do? They give you a place to start a relationship as an author. Get tips. Learn about how they see the industry. And, if you have an idea for a book you now have two people to talk with.
Any other great book publishers blogging out there? Here’s another one: Michael Hyatt, CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. How about Tim O’Reilly? Gary Cornell of APress? Who is your favorite book publishing blogger?
I was just reading John Engler’s blog, Inluminent, and he said “I LOVE READING GUY KAWASAKI!!!” Can I join this club?
One thing, though. Guy hasn’t even discovered how to have conversations on the Web yet. When he does it’ll be scary.
Take a bunch of C#/ASP.NET developers, add in some music, a camcorder, and Google video and this is what results: Patch Me Up by the geek band, Rootkit. Thanks to Diego Barros (friend of these geeks) for sending that over. We should have these guys play at Mix06.