Chris Pirillo is a great friend. So, take this post with a grain of salt.
But, here’s why I love Gnomedex:
1) Every attendee uses a laptop computer during the event. It still is one of the few events where I’ve seen that happen.
2) No press passes.
3) I haven’t been asked to speak since 2001. Heh. Not quite true, cause I was on a Gillmor Gang panel last year, but I don’t count that as speaking.
4) It’s geeky, but not developer geeky. User geeky.
5) It’s not over your head or over your pay grade like TED or PopTech.
6) It’s in Seattle in one of their two sunny months.
7) Ponzi. Ponzi. Ponzi.
I’m not speaking. But I’m going to do something fun in the lobby. Facebook fun. Pownce fun. Twitter fun. Jaiku fun. More to come.
UPDATE: maybe I’ll be wearing my iPhone Name Tag.