Having fun in London

If you see a Scoble or two at the Tower of London this afternoon, don’t be shocked. Heh.

We had a great photowalk last night — man was it packed at the party Hugh put together. Really great people. Here’s photos that Tim Watt put up from the party and walk. Dave Winer has a nice photo of me, with Milan, and Maryam’s brother in the subway last night.

I just interviewed the development team of Resolver, a new spreadsheet that’s far easier to program than Microsoft Excel. If you build spreadsheets that have lots of code strewn throughout them you should check this out. It is the first application built in IronPyton I’ve seen too.

Hope you’re having a great weekend. We’re going to check out the crown jewels. Talk later.

Comments

1. monkeyleader says:

Top night robert .. sorry I couldnt hang around for the photowalking .. oh well perhpas next time ;)

Nige

2. monkeyleader says:

Nige

3. good to see you and the family Robert.
    Milan’s my favourite new geek :)

4. good to see you and the family Robert.
    Milan’s my favourite new geek :)

5. [...] Robert and Maryam Scoble showed up with Milan (2 months old) and he slept through a fairly noisy room of geeks. Quite a talent at that age [...]

6. Thanks for the Pizza Steve! We had a great night!

7. Thanks for the Pizza Steve! We had a great night!

8. Gary Denness says:

I’m jealous. It’s been 3 years since I’ve been back home to London, and Xmas is the best time of year to be there! There’s a very nice pub next behind the Tower of London with great views, good fish ‘n’ chips and real beer!

9. garydenness says:

10. Irish chick says:

London is so awesome! I’ve only been once but I love it there!
    I’m a new blogger and would appreciate it if you checked it out. Thanks a lot.

11. Irish chick says:

London is so awesome! I’ve only been once but I love it there!
    I’m a new blogger and would appreciate it if you checked it out. Thanks a lot.

12. In case anyone is interested, I uploaded some of my pics from the photowalk to flickr:

I lost track of the group around Waterloo, so ended up going off alone, but I still had a lot of fun.

13. James Holderness says:

14. johnblogger says:

Oh… you must buy it? Or is it free?

15. johnblogger says:

Oh… you must buy it? Or is it free?

16. Giles says:

@johnblogger – if you were asking about Resolver One, our spreadsheet (recently renamed, we must stop calling it “Resolver” like we did when talking to Robert!)… it’s currently in beta, which is free.

When we go to version 1.0, it will be commercial software, and we will charge if people are using it for commercial purposes. However, we intend to give free licenses to people who are using it entirely for personal use or for Open Source projects.

Hope that helps. And if you were asking about something else entirely, sorry :-)

17. Giles says:

18. [...] Robert Scoble when he visited London – a great crowd at his geek dinner, and he had some kind words to say on his blog.  All in all it was much more fun than traditional [...]