Twitter (and all social networks) will never be the same thanks to PeopleBrowsr

For the past few weeks I’ve been using PeopleBrowsr. Very cool. It’s the most significant thing to happen to social networking since FriendFeed came on the scene a year ago.

It was launched on FriendFeed and look at the reaction. That tells me that this is going to see significant growth because it delivers features that people need from Twitter, like grouping and ability to augment contacts, that Twitter and other social networks have been unable to deliver.

Here’s CEO Jodee Rich demoing it to me, I highly recommend you try this if you are a social networking freak like me.

[kyte.tv appKey=MarbachViewerEmbedded&uri=channels/6118/280023&tbid=k_418&premium=true&height=500&width=425]

Comments

1. Will meta-services like PeopleBrowsr or Power.com stop networks (re)opening via APIs etc.? I’m still not sure who’s the hunter in this game?

Smile! Gerrit – We speak Online.

2. Will meta-services like PeopleBrowsr or Power.com stop networks (re)opening via APIs etc.? I’m still not sure who’s the hunter in this game?

Smile! Gerrit – We speak Online.

3. [...] Social Media, Twitter, Web http://PeopleBrowsr.com offers another meta-social-network; http://is.gd/ajXd   [...]

4. Jazza says:

http://www.peoplebrowsr.com takes me to the Google Docs login page :(

5. Jazza says:

http://www.peoplebrowsr.com takes me to the Google Docs login page :(

6. Josh says:

Doesn’t work well with Chrome.

7. Josh says:

Doesn’t work well with Chrome.

8. [...] Twitter (and All Social Networks) Will Never Be the Same Thanks to PeopleBrowser (Robert Scoble) [...]

9. Now can I get this as a pop-out window like FriendFeed’s real-time?

10. Now can I get this as a pop-out window like FriendFeed’s real-time?

11. Robert being really impressed with a new product: I will look into PeopleBrowsr right away! Grouping function looks amazing and very useful; I hope this makes it possible to more efficiently follow more people.

12. jeroendemiranda says:

13. Greg Birch says:

Holy crap, PeopleBrowser may be a new HI standard it is amazing. Thanks Robert.

14. Greg Birch says:

Holy crap, PeopleBrowser may be a new HI standard it is amazing. Thanks Robert.

15. [...] would have thought… Scoble has a review of PeopleBrowsr, another site that has no business model.  Wish them well, but come on.  How are you going to [...]

16. Thomas Hawk says:

Pretty strong endorsement. Will check it out.

17. Thomas Hawk says:

Pretty strong endorsement. Will check it out.

18. The game of web 2.0 is still just taking off! The tools are getting better everyday. With a few mouse clicks you are able to have access to massive amounts of information. Now you can focus the noise to who and what you should be listening too!
    Robert keep interviewing these industry leaders!

Steven Barchetti

King Of Finance & Social Media

19. The game of web 2.0 is still just taking off! The tools are getting better everyday. With a few mouse clicks you are able to have access to massive amounts of information. Now you can focus the noise to who and what you should be listening too!
    Robert keep interviewing these industry leaders!

Steven Barchetti

King Of Finance & Social Media

20. Thanks Robert. That is one action packed UI.. so many great features! The twitter grouping and cross-network messaging are awesome.

21. Thanks Robert. That is one action packed UI.. so many great features! The twitter grouping and cross-network messaging are awesome.

22. Colin says:

Its nice – but not enough to get me of Air based Tweetdeck which is more robust. Either way I agree this type of app changes everything and allows more personal effectivity.

23. Colin says:

24. Sanat Gersappa says:

I don’t like the idea of entering my Twitter password on another website.

25. Sanat Gersappa says:

I don’t like the idea of entering my Twitter password on another website.

26. Ken Burgin says:

OMG! Jodee Rich – do some Googling and check this man’s history – it’s long and ‘interesting’. I suggest you don’t lend him any cash!

27. Ken Burgin says:

28. john schneider says:

I saw same similarity to Tweetdeck, but this got much more interesting

29. john schneider says:

I saw same similarity to Tweetdeck, but this got much more interesting

30. [...] Twitter (and all social networks) will never be the same thanks to PeopleBrowsr [...]

31. Dave Cross says:

Hmm… This might be useful, but I have no way of knowing. It asks me for my Twitter username and password. Surely sane people don’t give their login details to random third-party web sites?

Scoble, I’m surprised to see you apparently condoning the password anti-pattern.

32. Dave Cross says:

33. ChaCha Fance says:

I love PeopleBrowsr, it has become my new web addiction.

34. ChaCha Fance says:

I love PeopleBrowsr, it has become my new web addiction.

35. [...] Rober Scoble’s take on PeopleBrowsr Twitter (and all social networks) will never be the same thanks to PeopleBrowsr [...]

36. Aaron says:

Thank you for the link. I played around with PeopleBrowsr for about 15 minutes and it seems promising!

37. Aaron says:

38. [...] Jetzt hat Robert Scoble den PeopleBrowsr für sich entdeckt und urteilt darüber: [...]

39. Andrew Korf says:

while initially impressed – especially given @timoreilly ‘s interest – I haven’t adopted it yet as the user experience/user interactions are too alpha – Peoplebrowsr needs to get world class UX guys working on this and then I think it might have a chance to really kick *ss and become a must have app. Iminlikewithyou.com is an example of impressive interaction design that might be a reference for peoplebrowsr. Cool to see people pushing the envelope in this space.

40. Andrew Korf says:

41. Xeon says:

Not supporting IE (event in Alpha) is a Joke?

42. Xeon says:

Not supporting IE (event in Alpha) is a Joke?

43. [...] Rober Scoble’s take on PeopleBrowsr Twitter (and all social networks) will never be the same thanks to PeopleBrowsr [...]