1) Every employee here has an iPhone. Hint: recruiting ploy. What would you rather have? Free meals at Google or a cool cell phone? Heheh.
2) Biz Stone, co-founder, told me, via a TwitterGram interview (what else?) that they are not implementing a business plan, but are in research mode. He told me it’s funny to read reports that they haven’t thought about business models. “We’ve done a lot of thinking about business models for Twitter.”
3) The scaling issues that Twitter had after the SXSW conference (the site was slow, often unavailable, etc) are now mostly behind them (although the home page is still a bit slow for me, but that has something to do with the thousands of icons on my Twitter page. The team tells me their architecture is now “horizontally scalable” which they explained meant that they could just throw more hardware at any problem that comes up from now on.
4) No new features to announce yet, but they say they’re working hard on a “slew of stuff” coming soon.
5) Dave Winer (the guy who invented TwitterGram) has a good post this morning on “what is Twitter.”
6) Co-founder Evan Williams is getting married tomorrow. Congrats!
Here’s Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter holding his iPhone.